CrossCompute is announcing an Open Call for Runnable Reports in Infrastructure Planning, Emergency Planning and Community Development. Community Development in this context means the ability of community members to plan and build their own infrastructure.
- The public must be able to run the report on either the Latest or Legacy CrossCompute Platform. The Latest Platform is available at https://crosscompute.com. The Legacy Platform is available at https://legacy.crosscompute.com.
- The report must have at least one non-trivial input variable and at least one non-trivial output variable.
- The report must be relevant to infrastructure planning, emergency planning or community development. Emphasis is on rural infrastructure planning, emergency planning and community development, but urban and lunar infrastructure planning submissions are welcome.
- The report can be simple if it is useful or interesting. Use of open data preferred.
First, testers verify that the report runs as expected. Then, reviewers examine the report content and announce awards on a rolling basis as follows:
- $200 for each selected report
- $500 for each featured report
Researchers retain full ownership over their intellectual property and may publish their reports on other platforms. Furthermore, researchers are eligible for revenue share as follows:
- If a Customer purchases a subscription to an individual report, CrossCompute will charge the Customer a 20% service fee and pay the Creator of the report 100% of the amount of the subscription. For example, if the Creator sets the report subscription price to $1,200 per year, then CrossCompute will charge the Customer $1,200 report subscription + $240 service fee = $1,440 and pay the Creator $1,200.
- If a Customer purchases a subscription to a bundle of reports, the Creator of the report will receive a fraction of the bundle subscription that is proportional to the number of times it ran relative to other reports in the bundle. For example, if the bundle subscription price is $60,000 per year, then CrossCompute will charge the Customer $60,000 bundle subscription + $12,000 service fee = $72,000. If there were two reports in the bundle and Report A ran 100 times while Report B ran 200 times that year, then the Creator of Report A will receive $20,000 (one third of $60,000) and the Creator of Report B will receive $40,000 (two thirds of $60,000) at the end of the subscription period.
If multiple researchers were involved in developing the report or if the report derives from existing content, the person submitting the report is responsible for acknowledging contributors and distributing revenue share.
In submitting a report to this Open Call, researchers are granting CrossCompute a non-exclusive license to commercialize the report on the CrossCompute Platform.
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions.
Sponsors may choose from one of the following packages:
- Name and Logo appear in all announcements.
- Everything in Silver AND
- Sponsoring Organization receives direct referrals to top report creators.