When a crisis like an outage or flood happens, you want to know where to get help even when your phone has no service. CrossCompute is working with communities to build a runnable report that provides an emergency plan personalized to your home or business address and that can be downloaded as a PDF to your phone. The PDF contains maps and contact information about local groups and organizations that provide electricity, internet, food, water, shelter.
- Help us gather data to build a spatial database about addresses and contact information for local groups and organizations that provide emergency resources using the worksheets in the Community Emergency Planning Toolkit for NYC Community and Faith Based Networks as a guide.
- Contact local groups and organizations to verify which emergency resources they provide.
Help expand the Community Emergency Mapping effort to more communities.
- Godfather or Godmother ($100,000): Have your name or your organization’s name listed on this page, on the web form, the downloadable PDF report and all outreach efforts.
- Patron ($10,000): Have your name or your organization’s name listed on this page, on the web form and the downloadable PDF report itself.
- Supporter ($1,000): Have your name or your organization’s name listed on this page and the web form that generates the report.
- Friend ($100): Have your name or your organization’s name listed on this page.
Please message email@example.com if you would like to get involved with the Community Emergency Mapping project.