The purpose of this tool is to optimize the placement of mini grid distribution poles. This differs from the placement of grid extension poles because each pole must be within a maximum distance from the battery as measured along the distribution line.
- Limit the maximum distance of a pole to the battery.
- Connect as many service drop poles as possible.
- Minimize the number of distribution poles.
- Do not place poles in buildings.
- Do not place poles in pole obstacles.
- Do not place lines across buildings.
- Do not place lines across line obstacles.
- Place poles along roads if it is more cost effective to do so.
- Service Drop Poles
- Road Lines where Poles should be placed
- Obstacles where Poles cannot be placed
- Obstacles where Lines cannot be placed
- Maximum Distance of a Pole to the Battery as measured along the distribution line
- Distribution Pole Points
- Distribution Lines